Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Bend Community College

I have been thinking for several years that I would like to go back to education. I don't have any desire to teach music in the public schools again, but I would like to get back to the classroom. Last year I was a volunteer teacher for BYU and taught Religion 301 and 302. It was a lot of fun.

Today I was hired by Big Bend Community College to teach a couple of classes. They will be "CSS" classes or "College Survival Skills." I will be teaching new college kids about study skills, career selection and surviving the college experience the first year. I have the curriculum already and it is really valuable information for first quarter students. Should be fun.

One of the best parts is I hop on the bus in Ephrata and 30 minutes later they drop me off at the front door of the building where I teach in Moses Lake (20 miles)....and it only costs 25 cents each way (and we wonder why mass transit can't make money). --Roger--

3 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

You will be such a Great teacher for that age! I am really excited for you. Wish I could sit in on a few of those classes, a little peek into your new adventure.

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Yeah you will definiely be in your element. What a cool opportunity!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Nice dad you just have a way of saying things :) If it makes you feel better i'll take a couple extra onsies.